Monday, September 16, 2013

Perfect Peace and Everlasting Strength

Isaiah 26:3-4
Thou wilt keep him in perfect peace, whose mind is stayed on thee: because he trusteth in thee.
Trust ye in the LORD for ever: for in the LORD JEHOVAH is everlasting strength.

Today, I need some peace, Lord. I need that peace that passeth all understanding. Sometimes, like today, the path I take through my day, my life seems lower, deeper, darker than the depths of despair or the valley of the shadow of death. Lord, I know that there hath no temptation taken me but such as is common to man. I am also reminded that You are faithful and You have provided a way of escape that I may be able to bear it. Help me to trust in You forever, for in YOU is everlasting strength. I need strength today, God. I need peace. I don't long for the false, shallow peace of this world but for the peace that comes from victory in this spiritual battle we fight. I will stay my mind on You, and I will trust in You alone. Fill me with Your amazing power and create a pure heart and a steadfast spirit within me. As Your love surrounds me, let me love others. Help me not to condemn, but reflect Your incredible grace by which You lifted my soul out of the pit of sin. Thy rod and Thy staff they comfort me, and I know You are with me, even in the valley of the shadow of death.

Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment