Friday, October 18, 2013

Grace in time of Need



Hebrews 4:15-16: For we have not an high priest which cannot be touched with the feeling of our infirmities, but was in all points tempted like as we are, yet without sin. Let us therefore come boldly unto the throne of grace, that we may obtain mercy, and find grace to help in time of need.

But we forget that too easily. We forget that Jesus Christ perfectly understands every single struggle every single human being has ever needed to confront. We also forget that He not only understands us, but He wants us to come to Him for help. We forget that He is the Lord of the universe but He intimately relates to each of us. He will give us grace in time of need; we need to boldly come to His throne of grace... Let me tell you a story of the not-so-observable side of something I recently went through... (but beware... there might be some run-on sentences, for effect :) )

I was feeling alone, empty-hearted, stale, confused, misunderstood... my hope was torn, my life was spinning, and I was dizzy, lost, and disoriented. I was falling, falling, falling... when a thread of confidence and hope surprisingly kept me from hitting the bottom of the pit. The confidence that He felt alone, empty-hearted, stale, confused, and misunderstood, just as I had, and the hope that He wanted me to reach for and receive His comfort and consolation that because of His mercy and grace I would be lifted out of the pit of discouragement and up to the plateau of heavenly peace... was more than my heart could hold and what it could not hold poured itself out in the form of tears.

There you have my personal experience, but the great thing is that He understands Your experience. He is with you, princess of Heaven, and He understands you more than anyone ever will. Reach and receive His comfort and consolation, for because of His mercy and grace He will lift you out of this pit of discouragement and up to the plateau of heavenly peace.

2 comments:

  1. Oh, Cosette, so true! He's there, helping you through even the most dire of circumstances! Keep trusting Him.
    Thank you for sharing; I'm praying for you, 'bestie' ;) <3

    ReplyDelete