Friday, September 6, 2013

stressed?

I don't know about you, but there are plenty of moments when I am stressed. Actually no, that's an understatement.

I don't know about you, but there are plenty of moments when I feel like hundreds of pounds of negativity are pressing on every square inch of my heart.

And, I feel like I need a place to go. Sometimes I go to a friend, sometimes I get angry at myself, and lots of times I lash out at someone else, craving that puny moment of release, which is always followed by more stress.

When I should be claiming this verse...

"Thou (God) art my hiding place; thou shalt preserve me from trouble; thou shalt compass me about with songs of deliverance."                                           -Psalm 32:7

I should be running into the reaching arms of my faithful Saviour, the caring Almighty, the loving Creator. And when I do, His arms hold me with the fiery love of His holy heart. And when I don't, He is there, seeking for me to fall into His arms.

Even when I am in the deepest trouble of circumstances, my Saviour preserves me. Even when I feel like the only way to release my anguish is to attack peers or God with spiteful words, the Comforter compasses me with beautiful, consoling songs of His work in my life, replacing the negativity nagging on me in all places.

And God's not just my Hiding Place, He can be yours, too. Run to His reaching arms!

{wallpaper}


No comments:

Post a Comment