Thursday, September 5, 2013

God's faithfulness... In my life and yours!

1 Corinthians 10:13 says, “There hath no temptation taken you but such as is common to man: but God is faithful, who will not suffer you to be tempted above that ye are able; but will with the temptation also make a way to escape, that ye may be able to bear it.” I have experienced God’s faithfulness to His promises, such as this one, many times in my life. Most of the time, the days that I realize God’s everlasting faithfulness to His promise are the days that I have matured spiritually and trusted Him the most. Those nights when I don’t feel “good enough” or when I feel alone have ended with the morning light that the God of angel armies is always by my side, and that the Creator of the universe loves me beyond words.

One of these noticeable instances in my life was a night when I was completely focused on myself and my own personal problems. I had convinced myself that I was lonely; I had overwhelmed myself; and I had told myself that the lies filling my head were truth. In the depths of my soul I knew with a certainty that God was there for me, but I couldn’t seem to convince my heart and mind of these things. I finally pulled myself over to God’s Word, and read of His faithfulness and mercy. I read that I was God’s child; I read that this was a building block in my life if I would trust God in it; I read that He was trustworthy. And not only did I read these things, but I cherished every word. I received these words and their Author as the genuine truth.

Looking back, what I was so overwhelmed about is so small in comparison to eternity. Most of the people in this world have gone through horrors that I don’t know if I could ever face. My “hardships” seem quite puny compared to theirs. However, I do know that God has promised to be faithful to those who trust in Him. I have experienced His faithfulness personally, and know it to be real. I can claim along with David, “He leadeth me beside still waters, He restoreth my soul. Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil, for thou art with me.”

I don't know what you are personally going through; maybe it's and emotional roller-coaster and maybe it's the death of a loved one and maybe it's a situation you didn't choose for yourself. But I do know that no matter what fire you’re in right know, you should trust God. You should trust that He is the Way, the Truth and the Life. Claim His promise that He is faithful!


{wallpaper}


No comments:

Post a Comment